Today is a special day. My family and I are celebrating 3 years at Moreland First Baptist! I am very thankful to be part of this body of believers. Let me give you 10 reasons why I’m thankful:
1. I’m thankful that the church strives to be unified and focused on following God’s leading.
2. I’m thankful that the church purposefully loves my family.
3. I’m thankful that more and more members are stepping up to serve in new ways.
4. I’m thankful that the Bible is becoming more and more important to more and more people.
5. I’m thankful for an increasingly faithful group of deacons.
6. I’m thankful for worship leaders who emphasize Biblical lyrics rather than performance.
7. I’m thankful for a devoted mission team that partnered with The Bridge Church near Saint Louis.
8. I’m thankful for those whose greatest desire is that the church be Biblical for the glory of God.
9. I’m thankful for the members who make worship and Bible study a priority each and every week.
10. I’m thankful for the many who serve behind the scenes and never ask for recognition.
There has been a lot of change over the last 3 years. The actual congregation and direction of the church is much different from what it was in 2011. And there is much more that I’m thankful for, of course. But I just want you to know that I’m truly grateful for the stewardship God has given me over this congregation for this season of my life. Thank you for putting up with me for 3 years!